Easy Cocoa Mousse
"This airy, melt-in-your-mouth mousse has a light cocoa flavor that's so good," comments Donna Brooks of Jefferson, Maine. "It's simple to mix, then pop in the fridge while you're preparing the rest of your meal."
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- Artificial sweetener equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups reduced-fat whipped topping, divided
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for 5
- minutes. Cook over low heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- In a blender, combine the milk, sweetener, cocoa and vanilla. Slowly
- add gelatin mixture. Fold in 1-1/2 cups whipped topping. Spoon into
- serving dishes. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Garnish with
- remaining topping. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 3/4-cup serving equals 81 calories, 29 mg sodium, 1 mg cholesterol, 10 gm carbohydrate, 3 gm protein, 3 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.