Easy Classic Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, V8 juice, bread crumbs, soup mix, cheese and garlic powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes. Spread ketchup over top; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 236 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 679 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1 starch.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.