Easy Classic Meat Loaf
“My mother made this tender, moist meat loaf at least every other week—and always served it with scalloped potatoes. It was one of my favorite meals growing up.” You’ll be amazed by all the flavor from just a handful of pantry ingredients!
Helen Lipko - Martinsburg, PA
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 65 min.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, V8 juice, bread crumbs, soup mix,
- cheese and garlic powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Pat into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes. Spread ketchup over top;
- bake 15-20 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a thermometer
- reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 236 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 679 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot