This recipe comes from an old college friend. Pair steaming bowlfuls with sourdough bread and a green salad. —Kristy Doty, Riverside, California
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) minced clams
- 3 cups diced unpeeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. In the drippings, saute onions until tender.
- Drain clams, reserving juice. Set clams aside. Add the potatoes, clam juice and broth to the onions. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in the clams, soup, milk, cream, salt, pepper and bacon; heat through. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Potato Clam Chowder in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p134
Reviews for Easy Clam Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review