Easy Citrus Slush Recipe
This recipe was created years ago for church bridal and baby showers, the result of the hostess committee sharing ideas. We would use different flavored gelatins to color-coordinate with the decor of the occasion. I especially liked the flavors and colors of lemon and pineapple and developed them into this recipe, which I like to use at home.
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) pineapple gelatin
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 envelope (0.23 ounce) unsweetened lemonade soft drink mix
- 10 cups cold water
- 2 liters ginger ale, chilled
- 1. In a large container, dissolve sugar and gelatins in boiling water. Stir in the pineapple juice concentrate, lemon juice, drink mix and cold water. If desired, place in smaller containers. Cover and freeze, stirring several times.
- 2. Remove from freezer at least 1 hour before serving. Stir until mixture becomes slushy. Just before serving, place 9 cups slush mixture in a punch bowl; stir in 1 liter ginger ale. Repeat with remaining slush and ginger ale. Yield: about 6 quarts (about 25 servings).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 157 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC