- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) lemon-lime soda, divided
- 1 medium navel orange, thinly sliced
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 medium lime, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- Cut ham in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and 1/4 cup soda; rub over ham. Top with orange, lemon and lime slices. Add candied ginger and remaining soda to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140°, basting occasionally with cooking juices. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forEasy Citrus Ham
"I used a bone in spiral ham and was very happy with the result. The crystallized ginger really makes it special. First time doing ham in a slow cooker, and I'll definitely do it again!"
"We had this delicious ham last night but I did make a few changes. Instead of cooking a huge ham in the crock pot for the two of us, I used a ham steak I had and cooked it on the stove with the same ingredients. I started it about an hour before eating so the ham steak could simmer in the sauce. I substituted Splenda brown sugar but did not change any other ingredients. It was delicious. We will definitely be having this recipe again. I recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."