Easy Citrus Ham
I created this recipe many years ago with items I already had on hand. Since then, it has become a family favorite. The ham is succulent with a mild citrus flavor. I was asked to share the recipe with a church social and there were so many raves, I knew the recipe was a winner! —Sheila Christensen, San Marcos, California
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours + standing
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) lemon-lime soda, divided
- 1 medium navel orange, thinly sliced
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 medium lime, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- Cut ham in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl,
- combine brown sugar and 1/4 cup soda; rub over ham. Top with orange,
- lemon and lime slices. Add candied ginger and remaining soda to the
- slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a meat thermometer reads
- 140°, basting occasionally with cooking juices. Let stand for 10
- minutes before slicing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked ham equals 180 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 1,185 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.