Easy Citrus Ham Recipe
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) lemon-lime soda, divided
- 1 medium navel orange, thinly sliced
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 medium lime, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1. Cut ham in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and 1/4 cup soda; rub over ham. Top with orange, lemon and lime slices. Add candied ginger and remaining soda to the slow cooker.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140°, basting occasionally with cooking juices. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
4 ounces cooked ham: 180 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 1185mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein
Reviews for Easy Citrus Ham
"We had this delicious ham last night but I did make a few changes. Instead of cooking a huge ham in the crock pot for the two of us, I used a ham steak I had and cooked it on the stove with the same ingredients. I started it about an hour before eating so the ham steak could simmer in the sauce. I substituted Splenda brown sugar but did not change any other ingredients. It was delicious. We will definitely be having this recipe again. I recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.