Easy Citrus Ham Recipe
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) lemon-lime soda, divided
- 1 medium navel orange, thinly sliced
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 medium lime, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1. Cut ham in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and 1/4 cup soda; rub over ham. Top with orange, lemon and lime slices. Add candied ginger and remaining soda to the slow cooker.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140°, basting occasionally with cooking juices. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
4 ounces cooked ham equals 180 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 1,185 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.