Easy Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Cute as a button and melt-in-your-mouth fabulous when warm, these carefree rolls are the perfect sweet treat to help Mom welcome the day. —Joann Frazier Hensley, McGaheysville, Virginia
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed but still cold
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 6 red candied cherries, halved
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Shape each roll into a 12-in. rope. Coil each rope. Dip in butter, then roll in sugar mixture.
- 2. Place coil on a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over warm rolls. Top each with a cherry half. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each equals 157 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC