Cute as a button and melt-in-your-mouth fabulous when warm, these carefree rolls are the perfect sweet treat to help Mom welcome the day. —Joann Frazier Hensley, McGaheysville, Virginia
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed but still cold
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 6 red candied cherries, halved
- In a shallow bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Shape each roll into a 12-in. rope. Coil each rope. Dip in butter, then roll in sugar mixture.
- Place coil on a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over warm rolls. Top each with a cherry half. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Easy Cinnamon Rolls in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012, p64
Reviews for Easy Cinnamon Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review