Easy Cinnamon Bread Recipe
This bread is a cross between a typical baking powder-leavened quick bread and a yeast bread. The result: a cinnamon coffee cake-tasting loaf that's wonderful served plain and incredible toasted.—Taste of Home Cooking School
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + resting Bake: 35 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, yeast, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, butter and egg. Add milk mixture to flour mixture; beat until smooth. Cover and let rest for 1 hour.
- 2. Stir baking powder and cinnamon chips into batter. Spoon into a greased 8-in x 4-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC