This bread is a cross between a typical baking powder-leavened quick bread and a yeast bread. The result: a cinnamon coffee cake-tasting loaf that's wonderful served plain and incredible toasted.—Taste of Home Cooking School
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cinnamon baking chips
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, yeast, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, butter and egg. Add milk mixture to flour mixture; beat until smooth. Cover and let rest for 1 hour.
- Stir baking powder and cinnamon chips into batter. Spoon into a greased 8-in x 4-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Originally published as Easy Cinnamon Bread in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Winter 2009, p37
Reviews for Easy Cinnamon Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review