- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bunch celery, sliced
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) Chinese vegetables, drained
- 2 envelopes brown gravy mix
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the celery, Chinese vegetables, gravy mixes and soy sauce. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until celery is tender, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Easy Chow Mein
Sort By :
Although, easy to make, take a pass on this one. This was not a very tasty meal. I give it 1 star, just because how easy it was to prepare.
Super easy, inexpensive ingredients and makes a fairly large batch. Very flavorful and my kids just loved it!I I did not drain the vegetables for extra moisture and only used 2 stalks of celery.
i have bookmarked this recipe in the folder "foods to help induce vomiting". not. good. at. all.
I also added canned Chung King crispy noodles sprinkled on top.
Made this for supper tonight. I did cut back on the celery to 3 large stalks. For those wondering why the recipe does not call for water. Does not need added water, enough mositure from the vegetables. Will make again.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >