Easy Chocolate Truffles Recipe
My children and I often make these super-easy chocolate balls during the holiday season to dress up our cookie trays and gift baskets. For added color, the balls can be rolled in nonpareils, sprinkles or ground nuts.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:36 servings
- 4 cups (24 ounce) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Colored nonpareils and sprinkles
- 1. In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in milk, almond extract and salt. Cool to room temperature. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in nonpareils and sprinkles. Store in an airtight container. Yield: About 6 dozen (about 2-1/4 pounds).
1 serving (2 each) equals 125 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC