Easy Chocolate Truffles Recipe
- 4 cups (24 ounce) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Colored nonpareils and sprinkles
- 1. In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in milk, almond extract and salt. Cool to room temperature. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in nonpareils and sprinkles. Store in an airtight container. Yield: About 6 dozen (about 2-1/4 pounds).
2 each: 125 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Easy Chocolate Truffles
"I used half semisweet & half unsweetened chocolate, because that's what I had on hand. I thought they were plenty sweet enough when I tasted the warm mixture from the saucepan. I also used vanilla extract instead of the almond. I then rolled them in cocoa powder or chocolate sprinkles, then placed individual truffles in a mini cupcake liner for presentation & to keep them separated. There were hard as rocks though, after they sat for 24 hrs. in an airtight container in the fridge. Even letting them come to room temperature didn't soften them up any. I wonder if my using half unsweetened chocolate caused this? Seems unlikely it would, so I don't plan on using this recipe again."
"Very good and easy to make. However next time I just roll in sugar as the don't like what they recommended."
"These were great, I did however replace the almond extract with peppermint."
"Good but nothing special."