Easy Chocolate Souffles Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 6 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Separate eggs; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Coat six 6-oz. souffle dishes with cooking spray. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of sugar into each dish, tilting to cover the bottom and sides; set aside.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk corn syrup, cocoa, egg yolks and vanilla until blended; set aside. In a large bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar on high until stiff peaks form. Gently fold a fourth of the egg white mixture into chocolate mixture; fold in remaining egg white mixture.
- 3. Spoon batter into prepared dishes. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 250 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Easy Chocolate Souffles
"Since I am having kabobs and cheesy rice for supper, I decided to put a little cinnamon in the batter to give it a mexican chocolate feel. Exicted to make ut!"
"It is very good and easy. Very silky centers!"