Easy Chocolate Rice Pudding
This recipe is the closest I could come to the rice pudding my husband remembers his mother made when he was a boy. I experimented for a long time trying to match that unwritten recipe from the past. Now this is one of my husband's favorite desserts!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup quick-cooking rice
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil over
- medium heat. Cool for 5 minutes, stirring twice. Chill until
- serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 385 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 546 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.