Easy Chocolate Pudding
HERE'S a recipe that satisfies a sweet tooth without any fuss. This wonderful pudding can be served plain or topped with coconut, nuts or whipped cream for a more elaborate finish.
-Nora Reidy, Montoursville, Pennsylvania
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa and cornstarch. Gradually
- stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring
- constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove
- from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour into two serving dishes. Cover
- and refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with whipped topping if
- desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 320 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.