Easy Chocolate Pound Cake
Cynthia Allen, Buffalo, Texas
12-14 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup vanilla frosting
- In a large bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes, eggs, water and
- oil. Beat on low speed until moistened. Beat on medium speed for 2
- minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing
- from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave frosting on high for 10-15
- seconds or until thin. Drizzle over cooled cake. Yield: 12-14
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 337 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 448 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.