- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pumpkin; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in 1-1/2-cups chocolate chips. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, melt the remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over bars. Let stand until set. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Easy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars
Sort By :
This is so simple and so good. I reduced the amount of chocolate chips used, about 2/3 of a cup is enough. Add a drop or two of vegetable oil when melting the chocolate chips makes it easier to drizzle on top.
Very easy and tasty, but I would not classify this recipe as "bars." It is pumpkin cake. I would also reduce the amount of chocolate chips. Even one cup was too much. I will still make it again since it is super easy.
Yes only 3 ingredients! It isn't an error...no eggs. Better second day. My drizzling of melted chocolate chips wasn't very pretty so I smeared it to cover entire surface.