There is no need to spend a lot of time and energy making a cheesecake because this quick and easy recipe is just as good. The cherry flavor will delight everyone!—Hershey Food Corporation, Cheryl Reitz, Hershey, Pennsylvania
- 24 vanilla wafers
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped topping
- Cherry pie filling or maraschino cherries
- Place vanilla wafers, flat side down, in paper-lined muffin cups; set aside. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth. Stir in cocoa, eggs and extract until blended.
- Fill muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until tops are puffed. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Top each with a dollop of whipped topping and a spoonful of cherry pie filling or cherries. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Easy Chocolate Cherry Cheesecups in Country Woman January/February 1997, p41
Reviews for Easy Chocolate Cherry Cheesecups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review