- 24 vanilla wafers
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped topping
- Cherry pie filling or maraschino cherries
- Place vanilla wafers, flat side down, in paper-lined muffin cups; set aside. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth. Stir in cocoa, eggs and extract until blended.
- Fill muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until tops are puffed. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Top each with a dollop of whipped topping and a spoonful of cherry pie filling or cherries. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Easy Chocolate Cherry Cheesecups in Country Woman January/February 1997, p41
Reviews for Easy Chocolate Cherry Cheesecups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2010 Edited Nov. 18, 2013
"I had some carmel and pecans here so I split them and made half turtle and the other half cherry. For gluten free people you can leave the cookies out and be able to still enjoy these."