This recipe is handy when you want a fast, filling meal.Betty-Jean Molyneux, Geneva, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until
- heated through. Yield: 6 servings ( 2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 158 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 524 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 14 g protein.