Easy Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimiento, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushrooms soup, undiluted
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups (4 to 6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large Dutch oven; saute green pepper and onion until peppers are crisp-tender. Stir in the chicken, mushrooms, pimiento, soup, milk, garlic powder and salt. Drain spaghetti and add to mixture; toss. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese; bake 10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 cup: 292 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 431mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Easy Chicken Tetrazzini
"This is an easy way to make chicken Tetrazzini! I used fresh mushrooms instead of canned and sauteed them along with the onion and green pepper. Also, since I didn't have pimiento, I diced up a roasted red pepper. I did add some sour cream to the mushroom sauce and also added a cup of grated cheddar into the dish itself, as well as using it on top as indicated in the recipe. Next time, I would add some grated parmesan to the sauce too. Keep an eye on the baking time - 55 minutes was a bit too long in my oven. All in all, a good weeknight meal!"
"I didn't have the onion, so added 2 stalks of celery diced, omitted the mushrooms, and used Mexican Style 4 cheese blend shredded cheese and it was wonderful! I also used whole wheat pasta. My husband loved it too!"
"This is an easy meal to make and my husband requested that it be made again and again! A good sign from such a picky eater! Also, I love that it's a white sauce meal that is so low in calories! A rare find!"
"This was very good, I did add some broccoli for a meal in one."
"Awesome! Quick short form but Very Good!!!!!!!"
"this was good, but I would like to try it with a blush sauce next time"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.