This comforting casserole is made with leftover cooked chicken and canned soup. It's so easy to assemble. Once you pop the dish in the oven, you'll have some time to take care of other things.—Martha Sue Stroud, Clarksville, Texas
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimiento, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushrooms soup, undiluted
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups (4 to 6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large Dutch oven; saute green pepper and onion until peppers are crisp-tender. Stir in the chicken, mushrooms, pimiento, soup, milk, garlic powder and salt. Drain spaghetti and add to mixture; toss. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese; bake 10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Tetrazzini in Reminisce Extra February 1993, p45
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Easy Chicken Tetrazzini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review