- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimiento, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushrooms soup, undiluted
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups (4 to 6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large Dutch oven; saute green pepper and onion until peppers are crisp-tender. Stir in the chicken, mushrooms, pimiento, soup, milk, garlic powder and salt. Drain spaghetti and add to mixture; toss. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese; bake 10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Easy Chicken Tetrazzini
"This is an easy way to make chicken Tetrazzini! I used fresh mushrooms instead of canned and sauteed them along with the onion and green pepper. Also, since I didn't have pimiento, I diced up a roasted red pepper. I did add some sour cream to the mushroom sauce and also added a cup of grated cheddar into the dish itself, as well as using it on top as indicated in the recipe. Next time, I would add some grated parmesan to the sauce too. Keep an eye on the baking time - 55 minutes was a bit too long in my oven. All in all, a good weeknight meal!"
"I didn't have the onion, so added 2 stalks of celery diced, omitted the mushrooms, and used Mexican Style 4 cheese blend shredded cheese and it was wonderful! I also used whole wheat pasta. My husband loved it too!"
"This is an easy meal to make and my husband requested that it be made again and again! A good sign from such a picky eater! Also, I love that it's a white sauce meal that is so low in calories! A rare find!"
"This was very good, I did add some broccoli for a meal in one."
"Awesome! Quick short form but Very Good!!!!!!!"
"I use cream of celery soup because I think it gives this casserole a more appealing color. I have made multiple pans for carry-in dinners and it always goes over well."
"this was good, but I would like to try it with a blush sauce next time"