- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Optional toppings: sour cream, salsa and minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Stir in seasonings.
- Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in beans, tomatoes, corn, enchilada sauce, green onions and cilantro. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until heated through.
- In a small bowl, combine muffin mix and eggs; spoon over chicken mixture. Cook, covered, on low 1 to 1-1/2 hours longer or until a toothpick inserted in corn bread layer comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with cheese; let stand, covered, 5 minutes. If desired, serve with toppings. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Easy Chicken Tamale Pie
Sort By :
"Fabulous every time we have this for dinner. I have used both the crockpot and the oven with a 9x13 pan--never disappointed! My husband says that we can have this dish every week...it's that tasty!"
"This is oh so yummy! Great slow cooker recipe!!!!!"
"My family really liked this. I loved that you use the slow cooker for it. Saves time and makes it easier to get dinner on the table."
"Made this recipe last night while camping-INCREDIBLE!"