- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Optional toppings: sour cream, salsa and minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Stir in seasonings.
- Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in beans, tomatoes, corn, enchilada sauce, green onions and cilantro. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until heated through.
- In a small bowl, combine muffin mix and eggs; spoon over chicken mixture. Cook, covered, on low 1 to 1-1/2 hours longer or until a toothpick inserted in corn bread layer comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with cheese; let stand, covered, 5 minutes. If desired, serve with toppings. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Easy Chicken Tamale Pie
Sort By :
"My family really liked this. I loved that you use the slow cooker for it. Saves time and makes it easier to get dinner on the table."
"Made this recipe last night while camping-INCREDIBLE!"
"My whole family loved it and it was easy."
"This was certainly quick and easy recipe for lazy days of summer or any other times. Very good recipe, but I did have to up the spices a little more after tasting the dish throughout it's cooking time. Thanks for sharing."
"Delicious! However I did not use a slow cooker. I just baked in oven on 375 until the cornbread was done."