Easy Chicken Strips
“I came up with these one night when I was looking for a new, fast way to serve chicken. They make great appetizers, especially when served with barbecue or sweet-and-sour sauce for dunking. I’ve been told they’re restaurant-quality.” Crystal Sheckles-Gibson - Beespring, Kentucky
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1-1/4 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour and seasoned salt. Place cornflakes
- and butter in separate shallow bowls. Coat chicken with flour
- mixture, then dip in butter and coat with cornflakes.
- Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15-20
- minutes or until no longer pink. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 281 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 430 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.