- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1-1/4 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour and seasoned salt. Place cornflakes and butter in separate shallow bowls. Coat chicken with flour mixture, then dip in butter and coat with cornflakes.
- Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Easy Chicken Strips
"Very easy and it was a hit, but I made the following changes:I did it dipped in flour, then butter, then bread crumbs (I didn't have corn flakes).After the strips were on the baking sheet I sprinkled with salt, pepper, garlic, and Montreal chicken spices. I never find there's enough spice and I never feel there's enough when pre-mixed in the crumbs. I don't know how much I used, I just shook the spices over the chicken."
"Pretty tasteless. Seemed too coated with dry taste of corn flakes."
"Yummy, Yummy, Yummy"
"I am not so sure what makes people give this recipe 5 stars. It is average. My family of six ate them, but no one raved - that's for sure."
"easy and good."
"My kids adored these!"
"I substituted the corn flakes for crushed ritz crackers, did everything else exactly the same and these are absolutely DELICIOUS!! Probably the best chicken Strips ive had! Great Recipe"
"I make these all the time for my family, I thought i was the one who invented it!!:)) I also make a honey mustard dipping sauce i got from Paula Dean to go with it. TO DIE FOR! My kids try to eat just the sauce!"
"This was awesome, but I did change it up a bit to use what I had in the pantry: substituted cornflakes for unseasoned Panko breadcrumbs & substituted the season salt for salt, garlic powder, chili powder & parsley flakes. Also, I mixed several drops of hot sauce into 1/2 c. melted butter."
"My family of five gobbled these up! Even my picky eaters! The corn flakes kept them nice and crisp. The breading stayed on and was easy to dip. This is now a regular on my menus! Just a tip, I found that about 3 1/2 cups uncrushed cornflakes made about 1 1/4 crushed cornflakes. YUMMY!!"