Easy Chicken Quesadillas
For this effortless entree, I sandwiches cooked chicken, tomato, onion and cheese inside tortillas, then warms them on a griddle until the cheese is gooey. I garnish them with sour cream, your favorite salsa and refried beans.—Sacha K. Roach, Warsaw, Ohio
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen diced cooked chicken, thawed and chopped
- Brush one side of each tortilla with butter. Place two tortillas,
- buttered side down, on a griddle; sprinkle with cheese, onion,
- tomato and chicken. Top with remaining tortillas, buttered side up.
- Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly
- browned. Cut into wedges. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 683 calories, 29 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 1,190 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 48 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.