For this effortless entree, I sandwiches cooked chicken, tomato, onion and cheese inside tortillas, then warms them on a griddle until the cheese is gooey. I garnish them with sour cream, your favorite salsa and refried beans.—Sacha K. Roach, Warsaw, Ohio
Recommended: 10 Easy Dinners Kids Can Help Make
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen diced cooked chicken, thawed and chopped
- Brush one side of each tortilla with butter. Place two tortillas, buttered side down, on a griddle; sprinkle with cheese, onion, tomato and chicken. Top with remaining tortillas, buttered side up. Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Cut into wedges. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Quesadillas in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p15
Reviews for Easy Chicken Quesadillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2015
"Used some leftover grilled chicken to make these. Also traded out the tomatoes & onions for guacamole.These were a big hit."
Reviewed May. 5, 2008
Reviewed May. 1, 2008
"YUM!!!!!! I love this recipie, it is so delicious!!!!!"