Easy Chicken Potpie
In Omaha, Nebraska, Martha Evans relies on a baking mix, canned soup and frozen vegetables for her spirit-warming favorite. “I like to serve it with cranberry sauce,” she shares.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup plus 2/3 cup fat-free milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- In a large bowl, combine the soups, 1/2 cup milk, thyme, pepper and
- poultry seasoning. Stir in vegetables and chicken.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir biscuit mix and remaining milk just until
- blended. Drop by 12 rounded tablespoonfuls onto chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until filling is
- bubbly and biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutrition Facts; 1-1/3 cups chicken mixture with 2 biscuits equals 342 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 871 mg sodium,