- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup plus 2/3 cup fat-free milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- In a large bowl, combine the soups, 1/2 cup milk, thyme, pepper and poultry seasoning. Stir in vegetables and chicken.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, stir biscuit mix and remaining milk just until blended. Drop by 12 rounded tablespoonfuls onto chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until filling is bubbly and biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Easy Chicken Potpie
Sort By :
"My family and I loved this recipe. I did add more chicken and cut back on the Thyme. Recommended this to the rest of my family."
"Easy and quick dish. With the time I saved mixing the ingredients I was able to make the biscuit from scratch. Yumtastic!"
"Not good :("
"I doctored this a bit and it was delicious. I too felt that two 16 ox bags of frozen vegetables would be a lot so I substitued 8 ounces of sliced mushrooms, 1/2 a diced red pepper, and about 1/2 diced small onion. I sauteed them in a little olive oil and added them. I also felt that the biscuit mix was skimpy ansd indeed my batter was thin so I added another 1/2 cup and they were great. I was surprised that they also reheated well in the microwave. This is not too exciting but wonderful comfort food and I think kids might like it. I also upped the chicken to 2 cups."
"My family loved this! The first time I made it, I thought it sounded like a lot of Thyme so I used just half of it and it was perfect! The next time I made it I forgot to use less Thyme and it was tooooooooooooo overwhelming and we are a spice family - we love all different types of spice. I, too am on weight watchers and have lost over 115 pounds using healthy recipes just like this one. It is really good especially when you are wanting a comfort type food such as pot pie. I add garlic extra veggies and it is really good! I also used the reduced fat Bisquick mix. Points are low for a nice size serving."