Easy Chicken Potpie Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup plus 2/3 cup fat-free milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cups Reduced Fat Bisquick® mix
- In a large bowl, combine the soups, 1/2 cup milk, thyme, pepper and poultry seasoning. Stir in vegetables and chicken.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, stir biscuit mix and remaining milk just until blended. Drop by 12 rounded tablespoonfuls onto chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until filling is bubbly and biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Easy Chicken Potpie(17)
Sort By :
Not good :(
I doctored this a bit and it was delicious. I too felt that two 16 ox bags of frozen vegetables would be a lot so I substitued 8 ounces of sliced mushrooms, 1/2 a diced red pepper, and about 1/2 diced small onion. I sauteed them in a little olive oil and added them. I also felt that the biscuit mix was skimpy ansd indeed my batter was thin so I added another 1/2 cup and they were great. I was surprised that they also reheated well in the microwave. This is not too exciting but wonderful comfort food and I think kids might like it. I also upped the chicken to 2 cups.
My family loved this! The first time I made it, I thought it sounded like a lot of Thyme so I used just half of it and it was perfect! The next time I made it I forgot to use less Thyme and it was tooooooooooooo overwhelming and we are a spice family - we love all different types of spice. I, too am on weight watchers and have lost over 115 pounds using healthy recipes just like this one. It is really good especially when you are wanting a comfort type food such as pot pie. I add garlic extra veggies and it is really good! I also used the reduced fat Bisquick mix. Points are low for a nice size serving.
This recipe is rated 5 stars for the changes I made to it. Instead of using frozen veggies, I used a big can of Veg-All. Also, I added a few slices of velveeta cheese to the dish. When I was mixing it up, I added some chicken bouillen, I only added a dash of Thyme (the recipe calls for too much), threw in salt to taste, pepper, and a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce. I wish I would've cut back on the milk-1/2 cup is too much-it makes it kind of runny. Also, I used Pillsbury Grand biscuits instead. My boyfriend says it's one of his favorites. You just have to tweak it and add some flavor and be sure to take away most of the thyme. If you don't-the thyme taste will be overpowering. Hope this helps somebody.
I cut the rosemary in half and doubled the pepper. It's such a good and easy dish and my family loved it!!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pot Pie Recipes >
- Chicken Potpie Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >