- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 to 4 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut chicken breasts in half crosswise. Pound with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in batches, adding additional oil as needed. Transfer chicken to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Add stock, capers and lemon juice to pan, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Whisk in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until creamy. Pour sauce over chicken. Bake 5-10 minutes or until no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Easy Chicken Piccata
"Oh my gosh, I made this recipe exactly as written but doubled it. It was delicious and a definite keeper. My family was literally scraping their plates. It went well with angel hair pasta that had butter, Parmesan and Italian seasoning tossed in."
"I added a tablespoon of fresh lemon zest and a half cup of white wine to boost the flavor of the sauce. Also whisked in a healthy tablespoon of flour to thicken it and only 2 TSB of butter. Since I had already pounded the breasts rather thin, I only baked it for 4 minutes at 400 and it was absolutely delicious."
"Just OK. I found it bland, and uninteresting. Some white wine in lieu of just chicken broth might have helped some. Will use other recipes for this dish."
"This was easy and excellent. To save time I used thin cut chicken breasts. Worked like a charm."
"This is a very good recipe. The sauce didn't thicken at all at the end and wished I had saved the flour dredge to thicken it just a bit. But a very yummy recipe!"
"My wife and I loved this easy to prepare recipe. We will attempt to thicken the sauce a little to stick to the pasta better. Great flavor."
"Very easy and quick to make! Thank you Hannah"
"This is a wonderful, tasty and easy to make recipe. I would recomend it to all my friends. Served it with garlic sauted swiss chard and egg noodles. Thank you Hannah"
"Fabulous!! I topped it with some chopped fresh Italian parsley before serving. Everyone loved it!"