- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Sliced green onions, optional
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add chicken, onions, salt and pepper; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add tomatoes and paprika. Cook, covered, 5-7 minutes or until tomatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in sour cream; heat through (do not allow to boil). Drain noodles; serve with chicken mixture. If desired, sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Easy Chicken Paprikash
"I made some changes to this recipe as I cooked: I used 1/4 cup paprika instead of 3 teaspoons, a can of diced tomatoes since I had no fresh ones, and I added 2 cups of chicken stock and some finely chopped kale. I served the paprikash over buttered egg noodles. This was a very easy yet tasty recipe that my husband and children enjoyed. I hope that my Hungarian grandmother would have approved!"
"My family thought this was just o.k. Could just be our preference/taste. I will say I thought it served a lot more than 4. I served with with a side of broccoli and a fruit, and it was a hearty 6 servings."