Easy Chicken Melts
“These cheesy, Cajun-flavored sandwiches are toasty and delicious right out of the oven. When I have leftover baked chicken breasts, I cut them up and use instead of the canned chicken,” says Jessi Holland of Pensacola, Florida.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (9-3/4 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 10 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, 1/2 cup cheese, onion, green
- pepper, mayonnaise, Cajun seasoning and garlic. Spread over bread
- slices. Top each with a tomato slice; sprinkle with remaining
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 10-12
- minutes or until bread is toasted and golden brown. Yield: 5
Nutritional Facts: 2 open-faced sandwiches equals 349 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 784 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.