“These cheesy, Cajun-flavored sandwiches are toasty and delicious right out of the oven. When I have leftover baked chicken breasts, I cut them up and use instead of the canned chicken,” says Jessi Holland of Pensacola, Florida.
- 1 can (9-3/4 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 10 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, 1/2 cup cheese, onion, green pepper, mayonnaise, Cajun seasoning and garlic. Spread over bread slices. Top each with a tomato slice; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until bread is toasted and golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Easy Chicken Melts in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p50
Reviews for Easy Chicken Melts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review