Easy Chicken Melts Recipe
- 1 can (9-3/4 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 10 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, 1/2 cup cheese, onion, green pepper, mayonnaise, Cajun seasoning and garlic. Spread over bread slices. Top each with a tomato slice; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until bread is toasted and golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Easy Chicken Melts
Sort By :
This is good, but salty. If I make it again, I would omit the cajun seasoning & make my own salt-free version (cayenne, garlic, onion, oregano). The cooking method would be good with your fave tuna salad too.
This looks very yummy and something quick and easy for dinner on a busy night.