Here’s a simple recipe for a colorful wrapped sandwich that everybody enjoys. The chicken cooks up nice and tender, and the onion, tomato, cilantro and Italian dressing add a pleasant blend of flavors.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Dash salt
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese, shredded lettuce and sour cream
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add salad dressing. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes. Drain and discard marinade.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute chicken until no longer pink. Return onion to the pan; cook and stir until onion is tender.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto tortillas. Top with the tomato mixture, cheese, lettuce and sour cream; fold in sides. Yield: 4 fajitas.
Originally published as Easy Chicken Fajitas in Country Woman March/April 2006, p51
Reviews forEasy Chicken Fajitas
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2009
"I used leftover turkey that was already cooked; and just added it to warm with the onions. I did use some Italian dressing and this was really simple and so good."