Here’s a simple recipe for a colorful wrapped sandwich that everybody enjoys. The chicken cooks up nice and tender, and the onion, tomato, cilantro and Italian dressing add a pleasant blend of flavors.
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Dash salt
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese, shredded lettuce and sour cream
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add salad dressing. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes. Drain and discard marinade.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute chicken until no longer pink. Return onion to the pan; cook and stir until onion is tender.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto tortillas. Top with the tomato mixture, cheese, lettuce and sour cream; fold in sides. Yield: 4 fajitas.
Originally published as Easy Chicken Fajitas in Country Woman March/April 2006, p51
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Easy Chicken Fajitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2009
"I used leftover turkey that was already cooked; and just added it to warm with the onions. I did use some Italian dressing and this was really simple and so good."