- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Pico de gallo, optional
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, chicken, sour cream, soup, chilies, onion, pepper and salt. Spoon about 1/2 cup off center on each tortilla; roll up. Place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with pico de gallo. Yield: 10 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Easy Chicken Enchiladas
"My husband and I really enjoyed this, we shredded the chicken and used a second can of cream of chicken soup. We made a really quick enchilada sauce and poured it on top. We served it with a pico de gallo. It was amazing and we didn't have a problem with dry chicken either!"
"Enjoyed the enchiladas very much. Agree with comments below regarding the dryness. The only problem is trying to cut the recipe down as shown is way too much for two people. Is it possible to cook and freeze or prepare and freeze a portion of the recipe?"
"Pretty good but they looked like they'd be dry so I poured some salsa on top before baking. Gave them more flavor. Also added siracha to chicken mixture for more of a kick. Cooked for 25-30 minutes. Might use half the soup/sour cream next time and more chicken"
"My family really enjoyed these enchiladas. I used green onion instead of regular onions because it makes the dish look prettier. I also baked these a little bit longer in the oven to make sure it was hot enough in the center. Great dish."
"I leave out the onions and add 1/2cup salsa and then serve with more salsa, lettuce and chopped tomato!"