- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Pico de gallo, optional
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, chicken, sour cream, soup, chilies, onion, pepper and salt. Spoon about 1/2 cup off center on each tortilla; roll up. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with pico de gallo. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Easy Chicken Enchiladas
Sort By :
"I made this for company and everybody loved it. I used green onions instead of regular onions, and thought they added a nice touch. Also, I got 16 enchiladas out of this recipe. Great recipe!"
"About to cook up some tonight. Can't wait. Looks easy and delilious."
"Loved them, will make them again."
"Very good. I loved it.. Will diffidently make it again!"
"It was good. Needs a little more "crunch" in my opinion, but then again, I'm not a fan of Mexican dishes. The family likes it."