Easy Chicken Creole Recipe
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each pepper, sugar and dried thyme
- 12 to 16 drops hot pepper sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the celery, green pepper and onion in oil until tender; Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add flour; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until browned.
- 2. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except rice. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 cup: 259 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 821mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Easy Chicken Creole
"This recipe was amazing. My husband loved it and thought it tasted like Yats. Will definitely make again."
"Absolutely delicious! Try this and you will be pleasantly surprised at how good it is. A bonus is that it calls for ingredients you probably have on hand already!"