Easy Chicken Creole Recipe
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each pepper, sugar and dried thyme
- 12 to 16 drops hot pepper sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the celery, green pepper and onion in oil until tender; Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add flour; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except rice. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Easy Chicken Creole(1)
Sort By :
Absolutely delicious! Try this and you will be pleasantly surprised at how good it is. A bonus is that it calls for ingredients you probably have on hand already!