Easy Chicken Corn Chowder Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 can (12 ounces) reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery and red pepper; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Stir in corn, chicken, milk, bouillon and pepper; heat through, stirring occasionally (do not boil). Top servings with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 474 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 1252mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Easy Chicken Corn Chowder
"So easy and yummy."
"loved this! Made as it, except I had about 1/2 a cup of leftover fried potatoes from breakfast, so I tossed those in those as well. Will make this again!"
"Marvelous chowder! Thanks for sharing the recipe."
"Review by volunteer field editor: Being in the mood for soup and also needing to clean my fridge, where I already had some cooked chicken, this seemed the perfect recipe for a rainy day. I did not have evaporated milk so I used half n half, nor did I add the bacon, but it was still a marvelous chowder. This will go into my book as a winner."