Easy Chicken Corn Chowder Recipe
I play around with ingredients in my pantry instead of running to the store when I don’t know what’s for dinner. Here's a happy experiment. Cut some fat by leaving out the bacon. It's still tasty. —Barbara Banski, Fenton, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 can (12 ounces) reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery and red pepper; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Stir in corn, chicken, milk, bouillon and pepper; heat through, stirring occasionally (do not boil). Top servings with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC