Easy Chicken Corn Chowder Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 can (12 ounces) reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery and red pepper; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in corn, chicken, milk, bouillon and pepper; heat through, stirring occasionally (do not boil). Top servings with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Easy Chicken Corn Chowder
Sort By :
"Good flavor with room for improvement; I added 2 tsp of "Better Than Boullion" and that gave it a little more hearty flavor, (and without the MSG!). Also works with deli rotisserie chicken - easy and quick but doesn't taste "quickly thrown together" Easy on the budget - a winner all around!"
"Marvelous chowder! Thanks for sharing the recipe."
"Review by volunteer field editor: Being in the mood for soup and also needing to clean my fridge, where I already had some cooked chicken, this seemed the perfect recipe for a rainy day. I did not have evaporated milk so I used half n half, nor did I add the bacon, but it was still a marvelous chowder. This will go into my book as a winner."