We have lots of visitors on our 10-acre farm, so I like to make down-home dishes. Whenever I serve this chili, I'm asked for the recipe, which I'm happy to share.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute onion in oil until tender. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Easy Chicken Chili in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p100
Reviews for Easy Chicken Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2012
"It is easy to make and very tasty"