We have lots of visitors on our 10-acre farm, so I like to make down-home dishes. Whenever I serve this chili, I'm asked for the recipe, which I'm happy to share.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute onion in oil until tender. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Easy Chicken Chili in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p100
Reviews for Easy Chicken Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2012
"It is easy to make and very tasty"