Easy Chicken Chasseur Recipe
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges and seeded
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Place cornstarch in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken in 2 teaspoons oil. Remove and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in remaining oil until tender. Add the broth, sherry and seasonings; bring to a boil. Carefully return chicken to the pan; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup (calculated without rice) equals 260 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 283 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.