Easy Chicken Casserole
I never bring home leftovers whenever I take this creamy, stick-to-your-ribs casserole to a potluck. Its mild flavor has broad appeal. I especially like the way that the crumb topping adds a bit of crunch to each meaty serving.
-Faye Hintz, Springfield, Missouri
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 8 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Fresh parsley and sweet red pepper rings, optional
- Combine chicken, soup and sour cream; spread into a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish. Combine crumbs, butter and celery seed; sprinkle
- over chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
- Garnish with parsley and red pepper if desired. Yield: 10-12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 294 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 364 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein.