Easy Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and Italian seasoning. Add chicken, a few at a time; seal and shake to coat. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 1 teaspoon oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- In same skillet, cook onion in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and zucchini; cook until onion is tender. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10-14 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve chicken mixture with spaghetti. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Easy Chicken Cacciatore(1)
Sort By :
This a really good recipe but I'd make a few changes, I would cut the recipe by 2 chicken breasts and the flour by a tablespoon, unless your feeding 4 or more. I'd also recommend adding a bit of minced garlic when cooking the vegtables to give it a more robust taste.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Cacciatore >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >