- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and Italian seasoning. Add chicken, a few at a time; seal and shake to coat. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 1 teaspoon oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- In same skillet, cook onion in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and zucchini; cook until onion is tender. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10-14 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve chicken mixture with spaghetti. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Easy Chicken Cacciatore
Sort By :
This was so good and healthy too. I didn't coat the chicken in anything, fried it in a bit of olive oil. Didn't have tomatoes or paste so used some arriabata tomato sauce, and it was super good! Probably not as 'saucy' as the recipe would be made with tomatoes/paste, but we thought it was perfect - hearty but not heavy.
I made this the other night and it was fantastic. I left out the zucchini because I didn't have any and served it over spaghetti squash. When I served it I sprinkled a little shredded mozzarella on top and it looked like we were dining in a fine restaurant.
This a really good recipe but I'd make a few changes, I would cut the recipe by 2 chicken breasts and the flour by a tablespoon, unless your feeding 4 or more. I'd also recommend adding a bit of minced garlic when cooking the vegtables to give it a more robust taste.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Cacciatore >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >