Easy Chicken Broccoli Pasta
“This is so easy to throw together in a pinch. It’s great served with some crusty bread and a nice veggie salad.”
Renee Pajestka - Brunswick, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup reduced-fat Alfredo sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding the broccoli
- during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick
- skillet, saute chicken in oil until lightly browned. Add pepper;
- saute 3-5 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink and
- pepper is tender.
- Drain pasta mixture; add to the pan. Reduce heat to low. Stir in
- wine, then Alfredo sauce; cook and stir until heated through. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 400 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 654 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.