“This is so easy to throw together in a pinch. It’s great served with some crusty bread and a nice veggie salad.” Renee Pajestka - Brunswick, Ohio
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup reduced-fat Alfredo sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding the broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil until lightly browned. Add pepper; saute 3-5 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink and pepper is tender.
- Drain pasta mixture; add to the pan. Reduce heat to low. Stir in wine, then Alfredo sauce; cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Easy Chicken Broccoli Pasta in Healthy Cooking October/November 2009, p64
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Easy Chicken Broccoli Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2009
"very good, reheats well, easy used dry mix alfredo sauce"