Since returning to work after having my daughter, I have a lot on my plate just like every other mom out there. To make life easier, I came up with this time-saving recipe. I make it once a week now. —Lisa Turco, Cumberland, Rhode Island
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound red potatoes (about 4 medium), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In an ovenproof Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Remove chicken from pan; discard drippings.
- In same pan, combine potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, rosemary and remaining oil, salt and pepper; return chicken to pan.
- Bake, covered, 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Easy Chicken and Potatoes in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014
Reviews for Easy Chicken and Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2014
"Not much flavor. Maybe bouillon would help."