- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2/3 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, saute celery and carrots for 5 minutes. Stir in the broth, chicken, poultry seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- For dumplings, combine biscuit mix and milk. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto simmering broth. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift cover while simmering). Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Easy Chicken and Dumplings(32)
Sort By :
I had four cups of rotisserie chicken in my freezer that I wanted to make good use of, and this brutal, unending winter makes me yearn for comfort foods. I searched the internet and came across this recipe, which I followed with the exception of the chicken amount. It turned out great! Very filling and satisfying! Definitely a keeper.
Easy and tastey. Perfect comfort food for a chilly night. I like to add additional veggies, whatever I have, sometimes even frozen mixed veggies.
I have made this recipe and one that uses refridgerated biscuits and cream of chicken soup. My children and husband all liked this recipe better. I did not use the vegetables because my kids will not eat their veggies if I put them in a casserole or soup.
I have made the cream of chicken soup version and this one, Minus the vegetables because the kids will only eat veggies separate. I honestly thought they would like the cream of chicken soup better but all three of them and the hubby liked this one much more.
needed more broth. dumplings soak the broth up.
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken and Dumplings >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >