- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2/3 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, saute celery and carrots for 5 minutes. Stir in the broth, chicken, poultry seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- For dumplings, combine biscuit mix and milk. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto simmering broth. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift cover while simmering). Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Easy Chicken and Dumplings
Sort By :
"I was in a time crunch last night and remembered I had printed this recipe out, and was glad I did.I am a sucker for biscuits and that was why I wanted something super fast, easy and delishAnother thing you could do to make it even faster is use frozen biscuits.Very nice recipe, will be making this again."
"if you can't remove the lid how can you insert a toothpick see when the dumplings are Done???? I am confused"
"This was a big hit with my family easy to fix and taste is great."
"This recipe was loved by my husband and my two picky girls! I used carrot, onions and peas in my recipe."
"I had four cups of rotisserie chicken in my freezer that I wanted to make good use of, and this brutal, unending winter makes me yearn for comfort foods. I searched the internet and came across this recipe, which I followed with the exception of the chicken amount. It turned out great! Very filling and satisfying! Definitely a keeper."