- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2/3 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- Place a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add celery and carrots; cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in broth, chicken, poultry seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- For dumplings, combine biscuit mix and milk until a soft dough forms. Drop by tablespoonfuls on top of the simmering liquid. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in dumplings comes out clean (do not lift cover during the first 10 minutes). Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Easy Chicken and Dumplings
"Really yummy although I couldn't find reduced fat biscuit mix and I used 1% milk since that's what I had on hand. Leftovers were great the day after!"
"Excellent!! My husband loved it and he is a picky eater. I added basil and a bay leaf for extra flavor. I will definitely make it again, soon!!"
"Nothing quite as good as C&D on a cold night in my opinion. Reading the recipe I was really hoping it would be something that would spur a need to make them in a month or two.My taste buds and sense of smell are not what they used to be. I have horrible allergies/asthma. I know that when I cook now I have to do a lot more seasoning so I can have any flavors at all. Unfortunately for me I can't see using an 1/8 t pepper (ever) in any recipe or 1/2 t poultry seasoning either. Still&all appreciate you posting recipe, I'm sure it's very good."
"Very good recipe, added rosemary and a bay leaf for more flavor. I also added a 1/4 cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese to biscuit mix. Yum!Family loved this and will definitely make again!"
"I have made this numerous times. It's so good & easy!"
"Fast and full of flavor"
"quick & Easy! I too cooked for 20 minutes."
"This was very easy and very tasty. I had always used biscuits cut in fourths for dumplings . These were much better . Followed recipe except didn't add carrots ( personal preference)"